Thanks for reading our Terms and Conditions! Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
By Placing an order with us it is assumed you have read our Terms + Conditions
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that are made to measure or are made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. This doesn’t affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to: Customer Services, Sawmill Architectural Antiques, The Old Sawmill, Elizabeth St, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6QL
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Sawmill Bespoke Furniture + Reclaimed Timber Terms:
Refund, Returns and Alterations
- As we are a small company offering bespoke, made to measure products, we cannot accept returns or cancellations on any bespoke products once work has begun. Please ensure all details are correct when placing your order, and that you are happy with all design decisions.
- We endeavour to always send out quality products, however mistakes can happen. Should you receive faulty or damaged goods, we will of course repair or replace the item. Please provide a detailed description in writing, with images if possible, of any areas of damage.
- In the case of faulty or damaged goods, or an incorrect order being received, we will ensure all necessary steps are taken to provide you with the correct item/s.
- Once an order has been placed, by putting down a payment, the cost of any additional requested alterations may be charged to the customer.
Delivery and Installation
- Quite often we specify ‘Deliver and Install’ with a lot of our bespoke tables and furniture, this means we will assemble the product in situ, removing all the hassle and worry.
- We will remove all packaging from the goods. We will assemble the goods in a room of your choice.
- Unless agreed beforehand, we are only able to deliver orders to you if you have a delivery address on the UK mainland. This excludes some remote areas; please double check with us before ordering.
- You will be informed of the likely approximate length of time until delivery at the point of order. Once your order is ready for delivery, we will contact you to agree definite arrangements for the date of delivery. Every effort is made to see that the approximate delivery date is accurate, but on rare occasions may be delayed through circumstances beyond our control. We will, of course, make every effort to keep you informed.
- Our delivery team will take away any packaging. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect the goods immediately upon delivery and ensure that they are happy. No claim for damage at all can be entertained once the delivery team have left the delivery address unless it is signed for as damaged delivery.
- We cannot accept any liability for any damage caused to customers property during a delivery, it is the customer responsibility to ensure there is clear access for the delivery team to enter, If our delivery team considers that access is unsafe, then we will not deliver the goods.
- In the event that you may choose to have your goods delivered to your own third-party carrier, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to your goods once they are out of our control. Any forwarding delivery is at your own risk.
- Unless agreed beforehand we will only deliver to ground floor, to first floor where access is easy, or to higher floors where there is an adequate lift. If delivery is required to higher floors and there is no lift or the lift is not big enough to take the suite, we will deliver to ground floor only and ask that you get help in taking the products upstairs.
- We cannot accept liability if your furniture does not fit into your house, it is the responsibility of the customer to measure the doors, hallways and rooms to ensure the furniture fits. If the worst happens and it really won’t fit in, we will do our utmost to find a suitable solution.
- If the goods are found to be either damaged or defective in any way at the time of delivery we will organise for a replacement or repair immediately depending on the situation. We cannot leave any products in the customer’s possession without full payment.
- Should you not be available at the time of arranged installation our team will try to contact you and wait for 45 minutes. If they are required to wait longer than 45 minutes you will be charged £20 for every half hour waited furthermore.
- If the delivery is aborted then the delivery will be returned to our warehouse in Macclesfield and any further deliveries will be charged at a reasonable rate to the customer. Storage costs may apply.
Whilst the Company will make every endeavour to install the products on the date or within the period agreed with the customer, we shall, in the event of any unforeseen circumstances be entitled to make later installation and such later installations shall be accepted by The Customer. We shall in any event not be responsible for any loss whatsoever arising from or consequential upon delay in installation.
- Unless specified otherwise in written communication all deliveries will be to kerbside only.
- Most of the time our hauliers work on set prices, however, we reserve the right to potentially increase the delivery costs.
- Any attempted and failed deliveries due to access issues will be charged to the customer.
- Any delivery dates or times set out are estimates only. While we will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the goods within the time or times agreed we will not be responsible for any losses caused to the Buyer as a result of late delivery, and are unable to offer compensation if the agreed delivery date is missed or cancelled by the haulier or ourselves.
- We will always endeavour to complete any work in as timely way as possible, but unless agreed to beforehand with the Buyer, we will not be subject to any delivery dates requested or insisted upon by the Buyer or their agents.
- We often use third party delivery companies; your contact details will be sent onto them to arrange delivery. The delivery companies are responsible for organizing the delivery of your goods, and may not be completely flexible on delivery dates.
- Although we will always attempt to have deliveries made in one consignment, we reserve the right to have goods delivered in more than one consignment, unless otherwise agreed.
- If the Buyer fails to meet the arranged delivery date, any charges incurred for redelivery will passed onto the Buyer, and likewise any charges incurred for the storage of goods.
- It is the Buyer’s responsibility to inspect goods on delivery for damages, please make us aware of any damaged or faulty goods within one week of receipt.
- If the delivery company’s POD (proof of delivery) is signed for by the customer, with no mention of damage no refunds or repairs can be issued for damages caused in transit.
- All parcels will be delivered to the delivery address you provide and not necessarily to you in person. If someone else signs for or otherwise accepts your parcel, the parcel will be deemed to have been delivered and no claim for none delivery will be accepted. If your parcel is delivered to BFPO, a block of flats, a university hall of residence, a house of multiple occupancy or a place of work it will be up to you to recover the parcel from whoever accepted it.
- All deliveries must be accepted upon presentation by our delivery agents, even if you no longer want the products for any reason what so ever. Refusal to accept delivery will render you liable for return delivery charges which can be substantial. If there is a problem with the parcel you are receiving, please still accept the delivery, ask the delivery agent to record the nature of the problem and then contact us so we can attempt to resolve the issue for you.
- If you fail to take delivery, accept or collect the goods within the agreed time, at our discretion, we may make an additional charge, invoice you for the goods, or treat the Contract as repudiated.
- Goods may be collected from our Macclesfield based premises on completion by the Buyer if previously arranged, once full payment has been received.
- Additional waiting time, caused by the customer not being at the delivery location during their allocated delivery window, will be billed at £25 per 60 minutes.
Products, Materials and Design
- By the very nature of both the materials we use, and the type of furniture we are producing, our wood could or could not contain any of the following characterful qualities: (which are expected and for which we are unable to offer any kind of discount or refund)
- Bandsaw marks across the grain.
- Small ‘chip out’ marks from the planer
- Small machining marks
- Natural colour variation
- RECLAIMED TIMBER
- Old nail marks
- Signs of previous use
Hopefully all of these attributes will add to the uniqueness of your piece, but should you want your piece to be reduced from this type of rustic character as much as possible, please specify.
- We will not accept returns, make adjustments or alterations, or offer refunds due to issues arising from the customer’s personal preference on wood grain, pattern, knots, medullary rays, colour variation or any other naturally occurring elements. Natural wood is varied and beautiful and the grain can even change in the same piece.
- All wood species can react to exposure to sunlight, changes in temperature and humidity. We cannot be held responsible for changes in the wood due to environmental factors, once delivery has been made. We make our furniture with wood movement in mind; however, we can’t take responsibility should the piece react to your environment.
- Orders of Reclaimed Timber Cladding over £500 should be inspected at our warehouse to make sure you are happy with the order. If this isn’t possible we are happy to send out samples, providing you specifically say they are samples. We cannot be held liable for any reclaimed cladding you don’t “like” it it hasnt been inspected or sampled first.
- Our products are not suitable for outdoor use, or use in bathrooms and wet-rooms unless specified.
- Across the Saw-Mill website, and in our communications with you, we may describe the timbers thickness, these thicknesses are umbrella terms used to describe the starting thickness of timber used, finished board thickness may be less. If you need a specific wood thickness you must let us know when ordering.
- All our products can be made to measure to fit your space, however we do not guarantee mm precision unless we are specified to do so, and some hardware such as nuts and bolts may protrude – please allow for +/- 25mm on all dimensions. (Or about 5%). The tolerances are likely to mainly occur in the height and depth of the piece as we are using solid boards which can vary slightly in size depending on how much each particular board needs sanding.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN EXACT SIZE FOR YOUR ITEM, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SPECIFY THAT THE MEASUREMENT NEEDS TO BE EXACT. We can’t take responsibility for an item which doesn’t fit or is too small if the measurement is under the 5% of tolerance.
- Due to the nature of the finishes applied to our product, the final finishes may vary from photos online or samples we send out, but we will always do our best a get a match.
- When working to customers’ design specifications and drawings The Sawmill will not be held fully responsible for issues with design, functionality, or stability/wood movement, unless a sample product is ordered or testing is paid for. We endeavour to insure any product ordered sent out is in full working order, and to our usual high standard, however if we do encounter unexpected design issues, or need to alter a customers’ design we will charge accordingly.
- We cannot be held responsible for customers preference to design elements that are not discussed or raised at the point of ordering, and will make educated assumptions based on the style of the product, and its functionality etc.
- Our finishes will need maintaining, depending on use, to keep your Sawmill furniture looking fresh. In particular, dining tables + workbenches will need re-coating every 6-12 Months.
- All of our items are going to be quite heavy! (More than likely, very heavy!) If weight is going to be a concern, please specify before placing your order.
- Never climb or hang from your furniture.
Payments and Pricing
- At our discretion we may offer the buyer the option to put down a 70% deposit on orders over the value of £1250. The remaining 30% is to be paid upon installation, and all items remain property of The Sawmill until paid in full. We reserve the right to remove items if not fully paid for.
- Occasionally there may be information on our site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, product shipping charges, delivery estimates and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- Quotes given by Sawmill will remain valid for 30 days, after this time we reserve the right to change prices accordingly.
- Once goods are paid for, they may, at the discretion of The Sawmill, be stored free of charge for an agreed period, not usually exceeding 2 weeks. While we will make every endeavour to keep these items securely, the risk is with the purchaser. After the agreed free storage time has elapsed Sawmill Architectural Antiques retain the right to charge storage fees, or if the goods remain in our possession for more 6 months without prior agreement, to resell the item without refund to the customer.
Use of Goods
- The customer must satisfy himself that any goods ordered by him are suitable for the purpose for which they will be used. We hereby give notice that none of our employees are authorised to advise or recommend the suitability or otherwise of any product or products, and will not accept responsibility for any damage or loss directly or indirectly arising as a result of any incorrect or inadequate advice or recommendation.
- The Company shall not be deemed in breach of the contract or otherwise liable to the Customer by reason of any delay in performance, or non-performance of its obligations under the Contract to the extent that such delay or non-performance is caused by strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action or trade disputes (whether involving employee of the Company or third party); difficulties in obtaining raw material, labour, fuel, parts or machinery, power failure or breakdown in machinery; failure of its supplier’s or contractor’s or any other event or circumstance beyond the Company’s reasonable control. In any such even the Company may, without liability to the Customer, reasonably vary the terms of the Contract including but not limited to extending the time for performing the contact by a period at least equal to the time lost due to such an event.
If any clause or sub-clause of these Terms is held by a competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity of the other clauses and sub clauses of these Terms shall not be affected and they shall remain in full force and effect.
Sawmill Architectural Antiques Ltd
The Old Sawmill